Fire safety tips for Halloween
From creepy candelabras to jack-o-lanterns, a candle adds the final spooky touch for the perfect Halloween ambiance. By following a few safety tips, you will ensure your Halloween doesn’t go up in flames.
- NEVER LEAVE A LIGHTED CANDLE UNATTENDED.
- Keep candles away from materials that can catch fire such as fabrics, books, paper, or decorations such as corn husks, dried flowers, and crepe paper.
- Use a sturdy candle holder. Even better, use a glass jar candle.
- Use long match sticks when lighting the candle in your jack-o-lantern.
- Keep children and pets away from burning candles.
- Remember to keep exits clear, and make sure that all smoke detectors are functional.
- Consider a wax melt or oil warmer as an alternative to an open flame candle.