Scented candles can do more than smell nice—they can be used for aromatherapy. Using scents derived from essential oils in candles and wax warmers to promote well-being is an ancient practice. Here are some of the most common scents used in aromatherapy, and how they can affect you:
- Cinnamon has a calming effect and helps alleviate fatigue. It can help you become more alert as well.
- Citrus scents, such as orange and lemon, are bright and invigorating. They can help you concentrate and eliminate anxiety.
- Lavender is one of the best known scents for aromatherapy purposes, and is used to promote relaxation, relieve stress, and soothe headaches and other pains.
- Lilac can promote recall and better memory retention, as well as help decision making.
- Rose is another good scent for promoting a calm atmosphere.
- Sandalwood is meant for soothing irritation and uplifting the spirit. It’s one of the best scents for meditation.
- Vanilla is comforting, and some consider its scent an aphrodisiac.
Discover these scents and more at Escents Candle Company.